Monday, August 29, 2011

THE "L" WORD......

In boat ownership, the "L" word strikes fear in the heart of salty old sailors..... which is why it pretty much terrified me!!!

Not being a boat owner, you might ask, what the "L" word is?

LEAK.

Yes, I said leak, as in Titanic. As in water coming in... as in where is my life jacket??

Okay, I exaggerated a little.  We did have a small leak in a plug that was only leaking when the engine was running.  But it was eating away at my Captain.  He said he couldn't help but imagine the boat filling with water and sinking... only the top of the mast viewable. Ugh... all I could think was, 'and I spent all that time reupholstering it for nothing'.... double Ugh.

So, Saturday, we headed in to address it, and in spite of the bad back that Mark was nursing, he tackled it.  Now the poor man, had to contort himself into this hole, and reach way in there and bang the hell out of something.  And get this sticky black stuff all over him, and become way more bruised than I've seen him in a long time. This was partially caused by the fact that he was stuck... yes, I said stuck....


But, he fixed it, and all's well AND, he got out and can even stand up after. 


So, stop visualizing me  at the bow, arms extended singing the Titanic song...it isn't going to happen.



2 comments:

  1. OMG I just peed in my pants reading this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is why we sold our boat. So much easier to just charter one when you want to go out.

    ReplyDelete