Friday, July 22, 2011

ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS........

Forever,  I've wanted a black standard poodle. Always.  Even had the name picked out.

A couple weeks ago, my sister, who fosters for a rescue, had one. The perfect one. I hemmed and hawed and finally brought it up to Mark, who, looked at me like I was crazy. We decided against it.

It bugged me.

Really bugged me.

Bugged me like I couldn't stop thinking about it bugged me... And lo an behold, another one came into rescue...


I went to meet him, and he was magnificent. I really liked him. He had a couple 'issues' though... the main one being a boogery nose...

I've never seen a dog sneeze actual boogers...have you? And the rescue lady (who wasn't my sister) said, 'oh, he had kennel cough and is being treated, so they didn't give him that shot, but the antibiotics should clear it up.'

Hum...

So, I needed a minute to mull it over. Then it occured to me...Clemmie.

Sweet psycho Clemmie.....

Clemmie, has problems remember? She has that Protein Losing Enteropathy which is an autoimmune disease. The treatment is a steroid that suppresses the immune system. She can't have her 'shots'. She could catch it, it could kill her.

So I took a pass...

And in retrospect, it was the right decision ~ What, am I crazy???? Two doglets is more than enough.

They both have the attitude of a big dog, actually more the attitude of a wild hyena.

Whew...



1 comment:

  1. No you did right by passing on the ill dog. You have to think about the quality of life of the ones you already own. I so wanted that Pit Bull puppy that someone dumped in my yard last year, but I knew my three Scotties would not be happy. SO I loved her for three days & let her go onto rescue.

    ReplyDelete