Sunday, May 29, 2011

A BLOG SLACKER...

That would be me.

I'd like to tell you I have a good excuse, but, I don't.

Well, maybe I do...I've been working hard, spending money... not just me... us.

If you've happened by, you might have noticed the extreme scaffolding we had running up the north side of our house. Quite an elaborate get up eh?


See, we had to have a new chimney, from the roof up. So we had to hunt up a bricklayer, pick out brick and I NEEDED Chimney pots.

What are Chimney Pots, you might ask?  First noticed them in Europe, and decided, we really needed them. I'm quite pleased with them.


I told you they were cool!  They added something to the old shack, don't you think?

Then, there's the hot tub, I picked up... ah yeah... I told you it's been cha-ching lately.  More on that later....

I was in Houston last week. It was HOT and I mean hot; well into the 90's. Delightful. We had a fun week, eating, music, dancing, drinking...ending with an afternoon at the beach.

Well, first we ventured to Kemah, which is kind of a touristy spot, and wandered about.

After we left there, we attempted to follow the coast for a while and ran across something I've never seen before. A 'dumping' ground of oyster shells... tons and tons.

This isn't the best picture, but, you get the idea. Then we headed down to Galveston Island for a stroll on the beach. Wow, sunshine and heat...something the gloomy midwest is lacking.

Note that I'm holding my empty Frozen strawberry lemonade glass from McDonald's... I'm addicted.  It's the perfect beach, pool, boat drink.

As always, Houston was fun... what's not to like about dinner out every night, a loft apartment, and none of life's little irritations?  I spent a good portion of the week working on a new little project that I'm currently obsessed with, here's a little peek.... more on that later too.



But, as always, all good things must end.  So, we caught a mid Friday afternoon flight home.  I sat next to an extremely tall ex basketball star, Clyde Drexler. He was very nice, and even offered to share his diet coke with me! I couldn't help compare his HUGE hand to my little one... slyly of course, I didn't want to appear weird....

Came home to a mess in my house...Corbin, could you pick up a little???? And the hot tub churning heat into the air. We haven't gotten the cover yet, we had to have it made, so I ordered a solar cover for the interim time, it arrived yesterday, so that greeted us. At least that'll hold the heat until the big cover comes.


We got into it yesterday and it was delightful!! I can see a lot of time spent in there. Time that should be spent doing other important things...... like blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment