Monday, April 11, 2011

WAKE UP MAGGIE, I THINK I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU......

Guess who I saw in concert over the weekend?

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks... and let me tell you- it was great.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Rod Stewart is 66. He sure doesn't move like a 66 year old. He's strutting all over, dancing and playing and sounding just like he did 30 years ago. Amazing. And, he's got a new baby....so apparently that all works well too.

Seriously, who the hell wants a baby at 66?

Anyway.... Stevie Nicks looks great too. She sounded good, not QUITE as good as she did back in the Fleetwood Mac days, but she still has it. She did kinda seem like her feet hurt ~ she had that 'oh my god, all I can think about are these heels, and I'm dying' walk going on. You know, we've all been there. She did offer a nice surprise though... her friend Sheryl Crow came out and sang with her. Now, her feet weren't hurting... and she had some seriously high heels on.

But, to back up a moment...

We arrived, found our seats, and hoped that no one would sit by us.. HAHAHA. They did of course, a group of (I'm sorry, I'm feeling a little bitchy) tacky looking women came in and sat next to me. Well, one did, and apparently she couldn't smell the fact she was bathed in a cloying nasty perfume, that was going to kill me. So, I made Mark switch seats. He suggested that it wasn't cool that I wasn't willing to suffer death by perfume, but it was okay for him too. I pointed out, that perfumes (some, well, actually a lot) make my head pound, and it was MY idea to come here (whine)...so he relented. He's gentlemanly like that. So next to me now, was a handsome man...actually I was centered between two of them. The evening was starting off great!

In front of us however was a weirdo. Period. I noticed before the concert started he had a book about Stevie Nicks, he was holding, like she was going to come over and sign it?  Really? Then he kept jumping up and going nuts while she was performing.... get a grip buddy, she has no idea you are alive, nor does she care...then he snapped a couple pictures....... of himself. Really. Who does that? At a concert? With, I am sure, the handsome man and me looking startled in the background. This was before he inhaled a large box of popcorn.  I told the handsome man, it was kind of like a side show. This was after he got into a heated discussion with the unfortunate person next to him and the usher had to tell him to knock it off.

So Stevie ended her performance and weirdo blew her a kiss, and held out his hand, like she was his love and leaving for war or something. Too weird. Now weirdo didn't care a fig for Rod, it was all about Stevie. And, really that bloke Rod was something else. 3 wardrobe changes, colorful and funky. He is a showman. Most certainly. Stevie had on all black, my signature color, and the a fore mentioned shoes that were killing her.



 (photos courtesy of Chicago Tribune, I forgot my camera)

After the concert, we came home and hit a going away party for a girl I've known her whole life. She was born a few months before my son and they grew up together. I remember being 8 months pregnant and her mom was having emergency surgery and I had her for the day. She was only a month or so old. I took her to an auction, and got the strangest looks.  Gosh that seems like it was just a few years ago, not 23. She's moving to Houston...for a job. I told her I'd see her in a couple weeks, I'm going to go down for my monthly trip with Mark. Yee haw.. I'm thinking she needs to nab herself a rancher with oil on his property and live happily ever after. Just a thought.

Today we began a reupholstering project. CAN I MENTION THAT I HATE THIS??? Unless it goes off without a hitch, which is a rarity. It was a little tense around here. I'll let you all know what THIS PROJECT is and whether or not Mark and I are plotting a painful death for each other (as we are prone to do when we do something like this together) once I have the energy.

But, right now, I need a highball...

What the hell is a highball? And why don't we say that anymore? I like that word, think I'll start a rebirth by using it. It goes well with my cigarette holder, that I'm going to use if I ever take up smoking.

It'll all be so cheeky.


No comments:

Post a Comment