Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gotta love winter......

Okay, we are back to Victorian Hell here. My kitchen, which might I say was custom done for us by a very talented woodsman had the sink on the west wall. It didn't seem prudent to move it, after all there were windows above the sink, that's where it had been, so why not.

Why not? I'll tell you why not. The wind comes whipping down the plains.. or in this case across the corn field behind us and periodically freezes the pipes. Freezes, inspite of the fact that they insulated that wall (or so they say). Now, call me crazy, but my dishwasher is conveniently located next to the sink and that also seemed a prudent idea to place it there. So guess which wall it's on???? And guess what happens???? Yes, indeedy it freezes too. Sometimes, like this time, it freezes and the sink pipes don't. Oh, and just so you know, it pretty much ONLY freezes when it has a full load of DIRTY DISHES in it. That, after all goes with out saying- right? Right.


So guess what fun activity I'm employing while I attempt to thaw out my dishwasher?


Don't you just wish you were me?

1 comment:

  1. UGH!!!! But you are stylin in the fun gloves!
    I'm laying low tonight....have had a nasty headache for a week....won't go away!

    ReplyDelete