Saturday, October 3, 2009

THE PLANT

Ok, bear with me on this tale.

Last spring, my husband was gone, and I was bored, playing online, and eventually morphed over to looking on Craigslist (no not at the sexual services). Some how, I'm still not sure how, I ran across an ad for a giant jade plant. I had one YEARS ago, that I was very fond of. Actually had it for probably 8 years, with no issues.

We (my husband and I) were gone and my kids hosted a party, as kids will do when you are gone, and lo and behold, it got broken. NO ONE knew what happened, or HOW this could have happened, innocent faces and all. But it did. I was sad.

So when I saw this ad, my plant came to mind. I promptly emailed the lady and said I wanted it. She warned me that it was really big. Sure I thought. She wasn't lying. I sent my son and a friend went to get it, I should have known when he called me and said, 'Mom, it is a huge monster- I mean ridiculously huge, I don't know what you are going to do with it huge'. Oh, my God, was he right. It is a MONSTER.

My son, a big strong kid, one of his buddies an even bigger dude and some random acquaintance driving by and coerced into helping struggled and I mean struggled to get it on my front porch. It is easily as tall as me, and probably 5 feet or so around. It won't fit in my house, with out a chain saw enlargement of the door, and that isn't happening, nor is the proposed sun room that it could live in if only we'd build it happening. So, what am I going to do with it?

It's 24 years old. I can't let it die. But what am I going to do with it???? The pressure's on... it's getting cold. I think we are going to try to divide it, if we can get the chain saw started.... stay tuned, for part two of "Little Shop of Horrors"- Trumpystyle.

1 comment:

  1. "Feed Me!" What r u going to do with this MONSTER!!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete